When and where can we obtain a Social Security card?

You may apply at your local social security office once you have your child’s new birth certificate in hand, along with your Final Judgment of Adoption, and other evidence of who you are.  All this is spelled out in the Social Security Policy Manuel, POMS Section RM-00203. 200E-4.